Monday 25 March 2013

The movie poster in the making, part 2...

Below is my second development draft of my movie poster. I have now swapped the layout around and have put the names of the actors at the top of the character shots as this was a convention of all of our anchillary tasks, I have added face shots and collected some more feedback to see how this has been improved.

Feedback:
  • "The editing around the images is very poor as you can still see some green"
  • "The effects look different?"
  • "The image of 'Henry Lee' is far to large to the other characters"
I then improved on the poster as the feedback was quite critical and made adjustments to suit the feedback of the audience. This was the outcome and the feedback I recieved:

Feedback:
  • "The editing around the images still looks green"
  • "The effect on 'Henry Lee' looks different to the other two"
  • "The release date looks much clearer as do the names of actors"
The movie poster is still getting some critical feedback, so I have made a decision to go ahead with my last design, with just the main character. I have used adapted this idea from one of the posters I researched in depth of which was from 'The Crazies' movie poster. This will add a sense of mystery to who is in the film as the top half of his face has been cut off. Also this matches the conventions of exsisting movie posters of which I have gathered for my research. This version ended up being my final version which I feel was very effective. This will be avaible at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment